- The RD500 is a semi-automatic defibrillator that is operated by using two simple buttons.
- It features clear and simple voice prompts for users, and visual prompts to assist the rescuer in noisy or multi-lingual environments.
- The RD500 features unique patient-specific CPR feedback which instructs the user to push harder, faster, slower to reassure you that you’re doing it right.
- Easy-to-follow Visual and Voice Prompts
- Built-in confidence. The Samaritan PAD 500P uses an Impedance Cardiogram (ICG) to assess the effectiveness of the CPR.
- Always ready. A System Status Ready Indicator flashes to show that the complete system is operational and ready for use. Device automatically runs self check each week.
- Advanced technology. The Samaritan PAD 500P utilizes proprietary electrode technology, advanced and stable firmware, and proprietary SCOPE™ Biphasic Technology (an escalating and low-energy waveform that automatically adjusts for patient impedance differences) to assess rhythm and recommend defibrillation if necessary.
- 4-year shelf life
Regardless of whether it is a lay person or a professional rescuer, the AHA/ERC guidelines place a greater emphasis on the importance of CPR and advocate the prompt initiation of effective bystander CPR to significantly reduce mortality due to out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest.