Use this high capacity, absorbent bilge sock to mop up oil and fuel spills which may be floating on water, in bilges of boats or in oil interceptor pits.
Oil and fuel absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene and are colour-coded white for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up oil and fuel spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Use in bilges (or interceptor pits) of all sizes to absorb free oil floating on the surface.
- Naturally buoyant socks sink to the water level when saturated with hydrocarbons.
- High capacity absorbency makes bilge sock ideal for quick response mop up of large pooled oil/fuel spills floating on water.
- Excellent vapour suppressing and water repellent characteristics (hydrophobic).
- Heavy duty knitted outer mesh sleeve provides tensile strength and UV protection.
- Eyelets at each end of bilge socks allow connection of multiple socks together or a recovery rope to be attached.
- High absorbency to weight ratio = lower transport & disposal costs.
- Tough, durable, non allergenic, non hazardous and dust free.
- Bilge sock can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.