An Important Safety Message From Our Friends At Global Spill Control
"As the summer heats up, so do your flammable liquids.
Here’s a timely warning from our health and safety guys as the temperatures climb to record-breaking highs, increasing the risk of ignition from the vapour and liquids of flammable goods.
The incorrect storage and handling of flammable liquids AND flammable contaminated waste remains a leading cause of industrial fires. Safety storage cabinets substantially reduce this fire risk and help to protect your people, stock and property.
Safety storage cabinets help you comply with certain Australian Standards such as AS1940-2004: The storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids, along with other Worksafe Codes of Practice.
So, besides keeping your staff, property and inventory protected and safe, why else should you invest in a safety cabinet? Here are a few good reasons:
- A safety cabinet helps you comply with Federal and State regulations and Codes of Practice.
- A safety cabinet keeps dangerous liquids safely segregated and organised.
- A safety cabinet buys you some extra time for safe evacuation in the event of a fire.
- A safety cabinet allows you to keep your dangerous liquids under lock and key.
- A safety cabinet delivers an efficient and neat storage area that can be located close to work areas.
- Safety cabinets are highly visible and are made from strong steel, which protects from impact and mitigates any liquid spills as a consequence.
In addition to flammable liquids cabinets, safety cabinets are available for a range of different dangerous goods. Industry convention uses certain colours to define the cabinet type:
- Flammable substances – YELLOW
- Corrosive substances – BLUE
- Toxic substances – WHITE/GREY
- Pesticides – GREEN (or white with additional signage)"
Global Spill Control manufacture their products in Australia, and also export products to over 30 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the Americas. Over the years, they have expanded their product range to include safety cabinets, gas and aerosol cages, portable incinerators, self-erecting tanks, collapsible bunds, along with many other spill control items.
For a limited time, they are offering a free 26 litre spill kit with the following three safety storage cabinets:
- SCF250B flammable liquids storage cabinet (bonus 26L oil and fuel spill kit)
- SCC250B corrosive substances storage cabinet (bonus 26L chemical spill kit)
- SCT250B toxic substances storage cabinet (bonus 26L chemical spill kit)
If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, contact us today!